SGT 210 - Professional Issues and Certification for Surgical Technology
This course emphasizes professional and legal issues and approaches to patient care through use of perioperative case management. Job seeking skills are explored. The All Hazards framework for disaster planning and management is presented. Preparation for the surgical technologist certification exam is initiated.
Prerequisite(s): BIO 235 with a grade of C or better, and SGT 201 with a grade of C or better..
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Prepare for taking the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting Certification exam.
2. Assess the characteristics of the professional surgical technologist at entry level employment.
3. Prioritize the steps to apply for employment.
4. Analyze interview strategies.
5. Prepare for a mock job interview.
6. Create a professional portfolio which includes cover letter, resume, thank you letter, all certifications, awards, and personal references.
7. Create a personal health and wellness plan for physical fitness.
8. Explain how the determinants of health, wellness and physical fitness contribute to the personal health of the surgical technologist.
Course Offered Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023