CDL 110 - Career Exploration
This experiential, personalized, hands-on, interactive course introduces students to the elements of career decision-making with emphasis on the process of career exploration. It is designed for students who are interested in learning more about themselves and their career choices. The career development needs of students will be emphasized through a multi-phase approach including self-exploration, decision-making strategies, career exploration, career counseling, and career planning. Career forums featuring professionals from various career areas may be included. This course will be tailored to the individual student.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify, as an undeclared student, personal beliefs and behaviors and how they influence career development and future choices.
2. Clarify personal and work values and how they influence career development and future choices.
3. Identify individual personality preferences that may influence career development and future choices.
4. Identify and sort personal interests and examine how they influence career choice.
5. Identify and distinguish existing skills and development of potential skills.
6. Develop familiarity with occupational and educational information and resources.
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023