ART 101 - Art Essentials
This course is designed to improve visual perception and expand critical awareness through a variety of hands-on studio projects. The student will be introduced to the methods, materials, media, vocabulary, and techniques of making art. This course is suggested for students who are interested in developing their creative skills but are not art majors. Students are responsible for purchasing their own materials for this course.
New SUNY General Education: SUNY - Arts
Retiring SUNY General Education: SUNY-A - The Arts (SART)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Develop their visual perception through a variety of hands-on studio projects.
2. Utilize a variety of art-making materials and techniques.
3. Discuss artwork in formal terms.
4. Apply art historical concepts to studio practice.
5. Identify the elements and principles of visual art.
6. Evaluate critically their work and the work of others.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023