CIS 123 - A+ Guide to Computer Hardware: Technical Support
This course prepares students to take the CompTIA A+ 220-901 certification exam, which covers PC hardware and peripherals, mobile device hardware, networking and troubleshooting hardware and network connectivity issues. Students will assemble and disassemble personal computer hardware and peripherals to specification, and connect personal computers and mobile devices to network architectures. Students will configure small office home office (SOHO) multifunction devices and wireless routers, and troubleshoot common issues associated with the various hardware domains covered.
One of the following with a grade of C or better: CIS 100, CSC 101, CPT 114, or CPT 101.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Assemble a personal computer.
2. Disassemble a personal computer.
3. Connect computers to various network architectures.
4. Connect mobile devices to various network architectures.
5. Troubleshoot common hardware issues with personal computers.
6. Troubleshoot common hardware issues with mobile devices.
7. Troubleshoot common hardware issues with peripheral equipment.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Spring Semester 2023