ENG 210 - Literature of the Black Experience
Provides insight into the Black experience through the writings of such representative authors as Dumas, Pushkin, DuBois, Hughes, Wright, Ellison, Cleaver, and Baldwin.
Prerequisite(s): English 101 with a C or better, placement into English 200, or instructor permission.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-H - Humanities (SHUM)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Explain the relationship between Literature of the African American Experience and mainstream literature.
2. Discuss key concepts of ethnic diversity and cultural inclusion as they relate to African American literature.
3. Explain literary genres and devices related to the literature of African Americans.
4. Critique literary works through various critical methodologies.
5. Apply appropriate formal conventions when writing about literature.
6. Write a thesis-driven essay using primary and secondary sources.
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Spring Semester 2023