FSA 230 - International Cuisine: Advanced Food Prep
Through this combination lecture and hands-on laboratory class, students will learn about the cuisines that are representative of various international cultures. Students will explore the equipment, cooking techniques, ingredients and flavor profiles of a variety of countries. They will learn how the geography and history of each country is related to the cuisine which represents the culture.
FSA 106 and FSA 109, each with a grade of C or better, or permission of department
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify common ingredients and flavors from various cultures.
2. Identify the characteristics of several of the world's major taste profiles.
3. Employ a variety of cooking methods to produce quality food products.
4. Examine how physical or geographical factors contribute to cultural food identity.
5. Utilize specialty equipment in the production of culturally authentic food dishes.
6. Demonstrate techniques in the preparation of international cuisine.
Course Offered Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023