FSA 221 - Cost Control
This course will provide students with an overview of the factors which drive profitability in the food and beverage industry. Discussions include Income Statements, Sales Forecasting, Purchasing and Receiving, Inventory Management, Food and Beverage Cost Percentages, Labor Costs and Menu Analysis.
Prerequisite(s): MCC Level 2 Mathematics Placement or higher
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify the components of an income statement.
2. Discuss the components of an income statement.
3. Forecast future sales based on sales history.
4. Complete a purchase order.
5. Discuss inventory management control methods.
6. Calculate food, beverage, or labor costs.
7. Identify the factors affecting menu pricing.
Course Offered Fall; Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023