MMP 151 - Introduction to Automotive Service
An introductory course designed to develop entry level skills, including: workplace safety, proper use of hand tools and lifts, application of manufacturer vehicle information systems, vehicle maintenance, scan tool usage and an overview of vehicle systems.
MTH 098 (may be taken concurrently or previously completed) OR MCC Level 6 Mathematics placement.
MCC General Education: MCC-TL - Technological Literacy (MTL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Communicate effectively in written or verbal context.
2. Display professional behaviors.
3. Perform to industry standards in a working environment.
4. Demonstrate proper use of tools and equipment in relation to course subject matter.
5. Demonstrate proper shop safety.
6. Demonstrate proper tool safety.
7. Demonstrate vehicle preparation for service.
8. Demonstrate vehicle preparation for the customer.
9. Interpret Service Information Systems.
10. Perform basic vehicle maintenance.
11. Calculate efficiency and effectiveness using the flat rate system.
Course Offered Fall, Spring, Summer, Intersession
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023