COM 150 - Video Production I
A combination lecture/lab course designed to introduce students to creating video productions on location. Emphasis is placed on the use of portable video cameras, as well as various lighting and audio equipment. Videographic skills will be developed through lab based productions.
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH), MCC-TL - Technological Literacy (MTL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate videotaping techniques including camera movements, angles, and camera shots.
2. Perform various videotaping techniques that simulate professional situations and problems students might encounter on any video shoot.
3. Perform critique/evaluation of productions of peers as well as the student's own.
4. Complete In-camera editing procedures and skills developed through pre-visualization and development of storyboards, scripts and shot lists.
5. Develop production planning techniques, taking projects from the idea stage in pre-production and working those ideas through to post-production including adding graphics and audio as needed to complete projects.
6. Demonstrate enhanced communication skills – necessary to successfully communicate to a client, an audience and team members.
7. Demonstrate operation of portable equipment and computer systems to create materials for various audiences, as well as use of portable lighting and audio equipment and microphones.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023