IDE 101 - Introduction to Interior Design I
This course addresses theoretical approaches to design by considering design precedents, theory, and process. Course material will review the development of the built environment with an emphasis on interior style. The elements and principles of design will be explored with consideration of their application to the interior environment. The design process, including programming and space planning, will be discussed as a basis for successfully approaching design problems.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Describe the areas of practice for interior design.
2. Identify the major design styles and periods.
3. Identify the elements and principles of design.
4. Identify the major properties of color.
5. Describe the primary schemes for color usage.
6. Summarize the steps incorporated in the design process.
7. Summarize the basic concerns of residential space planning.
8. Summarize the basic concerns of non-residential space planning.
Course Offered Fall, Spring