ENG 217 - Women in Literature
Literature in which the roles of women are significant and help explain contemporary attitudes. The works for reading and discussion are selected from many cultures, and cover the period from Biblical to modern times.
Prerequisite(s): English 101 with a C or better, or placement into English 200, or instructor permission.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-H - Humanities (SHUM)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Discuss how the unique experiences of women influence their writings.
2. Analyze representations of women in literature.
3. Describe various contexts that influence the representation of women in literature.
4. Apply appropriate formal conventions when writing about literature.
5. Write a thesis-driven essay using primary and secondary sources.
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Spring Semester 2023