COS 100 - Nursing Orientation Seminar
This course focuses on assisting the nursing student to acquire essential skills, techniques and behaviors that will lead to success as a student, a lifelong learner and a beginning member of the nursing profession.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Describe the characteristics of an effective life-long learner.
2. Identify personal learning strategies to promote success.
3. Implement personal time management techniques for academic success.
4. Identify sources of assistance within the Department of Nursing and the College.
5. Discuss self-care health behaviors that contribute to optimal performance as a student nurse.
6. Describe appropriate, effective communication techniques.
7. Use MCC technology such as student email, MCC website, Banner or Blackboard.
8. Describe how to use various resources, which may include nursing course outlines, textbooks, educational materials, the Nursing Learning Center, or required activities to meet learning objectives and personal education goals.
9. Describe skills and techniques that promote student success in the clinical area.
Course Offered Fall, Spring