ENG 201 - Early British Literature
A survey of British literature from the early middle ages to the late eighteenth-century. Possible authors studied include Chaucer, Milton, Shakespeare, and Defoe.
Prerequisite(s): English 101 with a C or better, or placement into English 200, or instructor permission.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-H - Humanities (SHUM)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Analyze British Literature written from the early Middle Ages to the 18th Century.
2. Interpret literature in the context of its historical period.
3. Interpret literary works using critical perspectives.
4. Apply appropriate formal conventions when writing about literature.
5. Write a thesis-driven essay using primary and secondary sources.
6. Describe the relationships between various movements (such as the Medieval, Elizabethan, and/or Enlightenment) and the literature of the period.
Course Offered Fall
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Spring Semester 2023