HSP 202 - Introduction to Conference and Event Planning
This course is a comprehensive overview of the process of planning meetings, conferences and special events. Step-by-step organization, preliminary planning, site selection and timing strategies are among the topics to be discussed. Students will discover where conference and event planning fits into the overall scope of the hospitality industry.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Explain the roles of the main participants in the meeting planning industry.
2. Describe various types of events.
3. Describe the purpose of various events.
4. Determine the best location for a meeting or event.
5. Prepare a presentation for the promotion of an event.
6. Articulate the main functions of host properties.
7. State the importance of legal issues related to event planning.
8. State the importance of ethical issues related to event planning.
9. Describe the guidelines of service for banquets.
10. Discuss types of electronic support that may be required for a meeting.
11. Discuss methods for registering guests for special events.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023