HUM 135 - Roles and Responsibilities in Disability Support Services
This course is designed to explore careers in the disability field and also examine service systems that provide support to people with disabilities. The course will emphasize experiential opportunities to meet and observe individuals from a variety of professions in the field, which will foster a deeper understanding of roles and responsibilities in the disability field.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify service professions in the disability field and describe their roles and responsibilities
2. Identify differences in disability services systems and describe how care is provided to client/consumers in each care setting.
3. Discuss and provide details on the specific tasks and experiences of professionals in an area of the disability support services field.
4. Compare the roles and responsibilities involved in the various professions in the field of disability support services.
5. Critique case studies for effective person centered practices across care settings
Course Offered Spring