CIN 120 - Introduction to Cinema
A survey of the development of motion pictures from 1896 to the present. Emphasis is on prominent film movements, directors, film genres, modes of critique, and techniques of silent and sound eras. Lessons include screenings and analysis of feature films.
New SUNY General Education: SUNY - Humanities
Retiring SUNY General Education: SUNY-H - Humanities (SHUM)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Discuss the basic elements of film.
2. Analyze films within their cultural and historical contexts.
3. Express critical thoughts and ideas according to multiple critical perspectives.
4. Write analytically about cinema.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of the basic history of motion pictures.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023