CRC 115 - Introduction to Microsoft Word
A word processing course designed to introduce Word. Students will learn how to create, modify, and print documents. This hands-on course includes specially prepared exercises that give practical experience in using Word's tools. Project required. Basic knowledge of the PC, keyboard, and mouse are required.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Create and edit a Word document that applies margins, line and paragraph spacing, font settings as specified.
2. Create and print on envelopes and mailing labels.
3. Execute the spell checking and grammar checking utility feature of Word.
4. Apply tab settings to format multiple lines of text in a Word document.
5. Demonstrate how to import text from one Word document into another Word document.
6. Insert WordArt, draw shapes and tables into a Word document.
7. Save a Word document as Web file.
Course Offered Fall, Spring