XRT 151 - Orientation/Clinical Education I
An overview of diagnostic radiography and its role in health care delivery including specific guidelines, responsibilities, policies, and clinical education experience. Emphasis is on orientation to the program and the clinical setting, radiography as a health science profession, professional ethics, and safety issues.
MCC General Education: MCC-HW - Health and Wellness (MHW), MCC-VE - Values and Ethics (MVE)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Examine current issues in healthcare.
2. Describe professional ethical standards.
3. Develop team building skills by working in small research groups.
4. Describe the basic components of radiation safety and protection.
5. Describe standard precautions for infection control.
6. Practice the process of vital sign assessment.
7. Simulate patient transfer techniques for ambulatory patients.
8. Simulate patient transfer techniques for non-ambulatory patients.
9. Apply proper methods of oxygen administration.
10. Assess patient privacy scenarios for compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
11. Develop an action plan for personal health and wellness.
12. Apply concepts learned on campus to the clinical setting.
Course Offered Fall
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Spring Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023