New and Updated Course Descriptions
OPT 213 - Optical Fabrication and Metrology
A study of optical materials, processes, and measurement techniques employed in the manufacture of modern optical components. In the laboratory portion, each student performs all the steps in planning, tooling, fabricating, finishing, testing, coating, and assembly of precision optical elements.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Create optical components using manual optical fabrication equipment.
2. Compare optical components to the specification required on the blueprint.
3. Test optical components to the specification required on the blueprint.
4. Create a laboratory notebook according to standard engineering guidelines.
5. Document optical fabrication practices.
6. Utilize appropriate computer technology.
Course Offered Fall
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023