New and Updated Course Descriptions
OPT 201 - Photo Science
The chemical, optical and physical principles of the photographic system. In a series of laboratory assignments, the student gains experience in the use of a wide variety of equipment, as well as techniques of photographic testing of the system for image quality, information capacity, densitometry and sensitometry. Each student plans and executes a pictorial presentation related to a technical project.
MCC General Education: MCC-BCO - Speaking (MBCO)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Apply knowledge of optical systems to photography.
2. Explain optical properties using images taken from a digital camera.
3. Identify all the components of an imaging system.
4. Explain applications of photography basics.
5. Describe the techniques used in creating a sample of images (portfolio).
6. Orally report on the techniques used by the individual in creating a sample of images (portfolio).
7. Create a sample of duplicate images that use various stages of image processing techniques.
8. Utilize appropriate computer technology.
Course Offered Fall
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023