New and Updated Course Descriptions
ATP 100 - Automotive Services
This hands-on course is designed for both consumers interested in their own car repair and individuals interested in entry-level skills that will help them gain employment in the automotive service industry. Theory, demonstrations and performance activities provide an overview of automotive systems and repairs, technology based service resources, and ethically based inspection and service recommendations.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate safety practices with use of tools in automotive industry.
2. Access and evaluate valid automotive repair information.
3. Identify major system components using repair information.
4. Demonstrate professional values in automotive industry through lab activities.
5. List examples of unethical practices in the automotive industry.
6. Define ethical decision-making in the automotive service industry.
7. Conduct vehicle inspections using industry ethical standards and reporting.
8. Perform basic automotive maintenance and repair per manufacturer’s specification.
9. Adhere to manufacturer’s procedures and time standards to eliminate consequences or hazards due to unethical practice.
10. Perform scan tool communication with on-board-diagnostic systems.
11. Demonstrate use of computerized tire and wheel service equipment.
Course Offered Fall, Spring, Summer, Intersession
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023