New and Updated Course Descriptions
HVA 211 - Commercial Refrigeration
Commercial refrigeration service is a specialization within the heating, ventilating and air conditioning industry. This course will provide the student with the understanding of ice machines, reach-in coolers and freezers, as well as walk-in coolers and freezers. Emphasis will be placed on repair of restaurant type equipment.
Prerequisite(s): HVA 101 and HVA 102
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify the major components in a commercial refrigeration system.
2. List refrigerants used in commercial refrigeration.
3. Compare commercial refrigeration systems to residential air conditioning systems.
4. Identify additional components and accessories used in commercial refrigeration systems.
5. Demonstrate various operations of refrigeration system maintenance, which may include the proper retrofitting, recovery, evacuation, or charging of a commercial refrigeration system.
6. Explain the operation of an ice machine.
7. List the refrigeration components that comprise a walk-in cooler and freezer.
8. Explain various methods utilized for defrost in refrigeration systems.
9. Summarize temperature requirements for product preservation and health.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023