The objectives of an experiential learning student are to:
- Explore career alternatives prior to graduation.
- Integrate theory and practice.
- Assess interests and abilities in their field of study.
- Learn to appreciate work and its function in the economy.
- Develop work habits and attitudes necessary for job success.
- Develop communication, interpersonal and other critical skills in the job interview process.
- Build a record of work experience.
- Acquire employment contacts leading directly to a full-time job following graduation from college.
- Identify, write down, and carry out performance objectives (mutually agreed upon by the employer, the MCC experiential learning supervisor, and the student) related to their job assignment.