Department: Visual and Performing Arts
CIP Code: 50.0501
MCC Program Code: TH01
NYSED Code (BRI): 35956
This program of study is designed for students who plan to transfer and earn the baccalaureate degree with a major in theatrical performance or technical theatre. The program is balanced between courses providing general theatre knowledge and those designed to develop a particular theatrical skill. A variety of theatrical shows at the college provides students with opportunities to participate in the performance and production of a theatrical show for a public audience.
Program Learning Outcomes
1) Discuss basic theatre fundamentals in the areas of performance and technical theatre
2) Critically analyze scripts from a variety of theatrical productions
3) Critically analyze acting from a variety of theatrical productions or performances
4) Critically analyze technical aspects from a variety of theatrical productions or performances
5) Demonstrate various skills in regard to either theatrical performance or technical theatre
For related jobs: careercoach.monroecc.edu
Occupational Resource: http://www.onetonline.org
Requirements for Program Entrance
Pre-algebra (one year of high school math or placement into Level 3 math at MCC.) Placement into TRS 105, ENG 101 or ENG 200 at initial entrance to MCC.