CIP Code: 11.0201
MCC Program Code: CI01
NYSED Code (BRI): 01227
This program will develop the skills and knowledge needed by students who plan to seek employment as technical support specialists, help desk technicians, and customer service support associates. Students will obtain an understanding of programming, networks and databases as well as basic knowledge of business fundamentals such as accounting, marketing, economics and management. The core courses within this program provide students with a solid base of communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
This program is not designed as a transfer program. Students who plan to transfer to a four-year college to earn their Bachelor's degree should discuss their plans with an advisor as early as possible to identify the appropriate program.
(Housed in the Business Administration and Economics Department)
1. Describe a computer system.
2. Diagnose and resolve computer system problems.
3. Demonstrate the ability to communicate in a professional manner.
4. Prepare for conducting independent research in the field.
5. Capable of designing and implementing object oriented programs from user specifications.
6. Capable of designing and implementing structured programs from user specifications.
7. Capable of designing and implementing business oriented programs from user specifications.
8. Demonstrate their knowledge of business functional departments in the development of a system proposal to satisfy user requirements.
Intermediate Algebra with Trigonometry (or Math 104 at MCC). Typing or keyboarding recommended.
|Distribution Requirements||Credit Hours|
|FIRST SEMESTER: 14 Credit Hours|
| ENG 101 College Composition OR |
ENG 200 Advanced Composition
|BUS 104 Introduction to Business||3|
|CIS 100 Information Processing Fundamentals||4|
|MTH 165 College Algebra or higher||3|
|SECOND SEMESTER: 14 Credit Hours|
|CIS 200 Programming for Information Systems||4|
|BUS 220 Applied Business Applications||3|
|CIS 110 A+ PC Repair and Operating Systems||3|
|PHL 105 Technology and Values OR PHL 102 Introduction to Logic||3|
|THIRD SEMESTER: 16 Credit Hours|
|ACC 101 Accounting Principles I|
ACC 110 Fundamentals of Accounting I AND
ACC 111 Fundamentals of Accounting II
|CIS 201 Introduction to Web Site Programming and Design||3|
|CIS 211 Applied Database Concepts||3|
|SPC 141 Interpersonal Speech Communication OR|
SPC 142 Public Speaking
|NATURAL SCIENCE ELECTIVE**||3|
|FOURTH SEMESTER: 16 Credit Hours|
|BUS 275 Business Cooperative Education||4|
|CIS 209 Systems Analysis and Design||3|
|ENG 251 Technical Writing||3|
|SOCIAL SCIENCE ELECTIVE*||3|
|MTH 160 Statistics I||3|