This certificate is designed for students interested in preparing for entry into the emergency medical services field and to prepare them academically for progression to the level of paramedic. Students will be able to seek to obtain certification to as a New York State Emergency Medical Technician after completion of EMS 110. Students will prepare themselves for work in the EMS field with courses regarding EMS management. MCC is recognized by the Department of Health as an authorized sponsor of EMS Certification Programs.
(Housed in PSTF)
Program Learning Outcomes
1) Perform a comprehensive patient assessment
2) Deliver medications according to protocols
3) Deliver life-saving interventions according to protocols
4) Manage patient care while providing safe transportation to appropriate facilities
5) Communicate effectively with a variety of audiences which could include: patients families/friends or other public safety and medical professionals
For related jobs: careercoach.monroecc.edu
Occupational Resource: http://www.onetonline.org
Requirements for Program Entrance
Required Pre-requisite(s). Elementary Algebra with Geometry (or Math 098 at MCC).
Printer Friendly Version