APPRENTICE TRAINING: AUTOMOTIVE - TOYOTA T-TEN
A.A.S. Degree - Career Program
Department: Applied Technologies
School: Applied Sciences & Technologies
CIP Code: 47.0604
MCC Program Code: AT10
NYSED Code (BRI): 38539
T-TEN program prepares students to be certified Toyota, Scion and Lexus Technicians. The program utilizes classroom study, extensive hands-on lab activities and dealership experience to create a comprehensive manufacturer education. Students work with the latest technology, tools and equipment and graduate with Toyota and industry certifications.
The program is demanding, and students must be willing to commit themselves to both work and study. This A.A.S. degree is a two year, five semester program that alternates college instruction with on-the-job training.
A minimum grade of C is necessary in all required automotive classes for continued matriculation in the program.
Students that are re-entering the T-TEN program as of fall 2016 will have to be readmitted and counseled by a program advisor. Readmission is always based on space availability.
The program of study must be completed within five years of matriculation.
• You will be Toyota Trained and Certified in 8 areas
• You will be ASE Certified in two areas
• You will have real world Toyota/Scion/Lexus Dealership Experience
• You will have a New York State Inspection Certification
• You will have an EPA 609 (Air Conditioning) Certification
Program Learning Outcomes
1) Apply mathematical skills as appropriate to fulfill job responsibilities.
2) Demonstrate the use of soft skills necessary for successful employment within the automotive service industry.
3) Communicate effectively in an automotive service setting
4) Demonstrate competency in OSHA safety practices used within the automotive service industry.
5) Perform current vehicle engine service to NATEF and Toyota standards.
6) Perform current vehicle brake service to NATEF and Toyota standards.
7) Perform current vehicle electrical and electronic systems service to NATEF and Toyota standards.
8) Perform current vehicle automatic transmission and transaxle service to NATEF and Toyota standards.
9) Perform current vehicle manual drivetrain and axle systems service to NATEF and Toyota standards.
10) Perform current vehicle suspension and steering systems service to NATEF and Toyota standards.
11) Perform current vehicle heating and air conditioning systems service to NATEF and Toyota standards.
12) Perform current vehicle engine performance systems service to NATEF and Toyota standards.
13) Utilize appropriate systems necessary for success within the automotive service industry to obtain industry certifications.
For related jobs: Career Coach
Occupational Resource: http://www.onetonline.org
Requirements for Program Entrance
ENG 101 ready and Level 4 MCC Mathematics Placement. Valid driver’s license.
|Distribution Requirements ||Credit Hours|
|FIRST SEMESTER (FALL 1): 13 Credit Hours|
| ENG 101 College Composition OR ENG 200 Advanced Composition || 3|
| TOY 191 Introduction to Automotive Service || 2|
| TOY 192 Automotive Electrical/Electronic Systems 1 || 3|
| TOY 198 Engine Repair|| 4|
| TOY 205 Automotive Technology Co-op 1|| 1|
|SECOND SEMESTER (SPRING 1): 14 Credit Hours|
| HED 114 Health and Safety in the Workplace || 2|
| MTH 135 Introduction to Technical Math|| 4|
| TOY 195 Brakes || 4|
| TOY 203 Automotive Electrical 2 || 3|
| TOY 206 Automotive Technology Co-op 2|| 1|
|THIRD SEMESTER (SUMMER 1): 11 Credit Hours|
| TOY 196 Steering and Suspension || 4|
|TOY 199 Heating and Air Conditioning ||3|
|TOY 207 Automotive Technology Co-op 3||1|
|SPC 141 Interpersonal Communications ||3|
|FOURTH SEMESTER (FALL 2): 14 Credit Hours|
|ECO 103 Personal Money Management ||3|
| TOY 200 Engine Performance || 3|
|TOY 202 Automatic Transmissions||4|
|TOY 208 Automotive Technology Co-op 4||1|
| LIBERAL ARTS ELECTIVE || 3|
| FIFTH SEMESTER (SPRING 2): 14 Credit Hours|
| PHY 100 Introductory Physics || 4|
| TOY 201 Engine Performance 2|| 4|
| TOY 204 Manual Drivetrains and Axles || 3|
| TOY 209 Automotive Technology Co-op 5|| 1|
|Total || 12|
|TOTAL CREDITS ||64|
Printer Friendly Version