MCC COVID-19 Testing
Testing Will Help Keep YOU Safe
COVID-19 testing at MCC measures the percent of positive cases among students and employees who are learning and working in person. Weekly testing helps MCC more quickly contain outbreaks before they happen on campus.
Students who received a vaccination medical or religious exemption, have yet to complete a full vaccination series, and/or are a member of a specific group (e.g., resident student, student-athlete, health professions student, etc.) are required to test weekly in order to engage in in-person courses, services and activities. Students who are not in compliance with testing protocols will be referred to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities for discipline subject to the student code of conduct.
Results from home test kits are not accepted at this time.
- feel ill, do not come to campus. Contact your health care provider or urgent care.
- choose to test with another provider, submit your test results to Student Rights.
- test positive for COVID-19, send your test results to Student Rights and Health Services.
- verified you are fully vaccinated, weekly testing is optional.
Testing @ MCC
COVID-19 testing (simple and comfortable nasal test) is free for MCC students and employees. No appointment is necessary. Staff are onsite to assist you. Seating is available in the check-in area.
MCC’s COVID-19 Testing Center is located in the Flynn Campus Center Forum (3-130) on the Brighton Campus.
- Bring your MCC ID or M#.
- Fill out a simple form.
- Complete an antigen rapid self-test (simple and comfortable nasal test).
- No need to wait for results.
- Within 24 hours, Monroe County will send you an email with a link to your test results. These emails are okay to open. MCC staff will call you only if you test positive for COVID-19. (If you do not receive a call, you tested negative.)
MCC’s Testing Center will be open on the following Tuesdays during the summer months:*
- Tues. May 31 from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Tue., June 7 from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Tue., June 14 from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Tue., June 21 from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Tue., June 28 from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Tue., July 5 from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Tue., July 12 from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Tue., July 19 from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Tue., July 26 from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Tue., Aug. 2 from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Tue., Aug. 9 from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
* Dates and times are subject to change.
If you feel ill, do not come to campus. Contact your health care provider or urgent care.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you Recently test positive for COVID-19?
- Submit documentation showing when you tested positive and when you were released from isolation (screen shots or PDFs) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not have documentation, please contact us at email@example.com and we will inform you of next steps.
- Wait 90 days before testing at MCC.