The Counseling Center offers occasional drop-in group sessions and skills workshops. Event details and Zoom links will be posted in the MCC Tribune. For additional information, please contact our office.
If you need to improve your study skills, if you get nervous on exams, or if you feel overwhelmed by the demands placed upon your time, you are encouraged to attend, free of charge, a SOS workshop hosted by the Counseling Center and Disability Services office. Students who have participated in SOS workshops in the past have demonstrated reduced test anxiety as well as improved study habits and academic achievement. The workshop will be provided in two sessions; students are welcomed to attend one or both sessions, which will focus on:
• How to relax during exams and focus on the questions that are asked.
• Study skills techniques.
• How to manage and budget time.
• Test sophistication: knowing how to take different types of examinations.
• How to set and evaluate goals.
• Strategies used to increase motivation.
• Tips for promoting positive mental health and coping.
Check back for upcoming workshop dates.