COUNSELING CENTER (Updated: March 2021)
If you are calling or emailing after business hours or on the weekend, please be aware that any correspondence will be returned on the next business day. If you are experiencing a crisis, do not leave a message: Call 911 or Lifeline at (585) 275-5151.
Welcome! MCC Counseling staff remain committed to the emotional well-being of our students. Counseling staff are offering sessions via a secure video platform or the phone until further notice. Students can contact the office at (585) 292-2140 to schedule an appointment to talk with a counselor. Students, faculty, and staff can also email Counseling Services. Whether you are new to our office or you have worked with us in the past, we encourage you to reach out to if you are in need of additional support.
The Counseling Center’s tele-counseling services align with state and federal laws and professional ethical guidelines. Students located in New York State that are interested in counseling services should email or phone our office to request an appointment. Students that reside out of NYS who would like assistance in locating a referral should also contact the office for support. Students interested in long-term counseling, we recommend you seek care in your local community.
Phone Mental Health Resources
- #ReachOutSUNY: Call (518) 442-5777 to access The Middle Earth Peer Assistance Program hotline, which serves the SUNY community free of cost.
- For victims of domestic violence or anyone in a dangerous domestic situation, NYS will help you find safe shelter: 1-800-942-6906.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (press 1) or visit the Veterans Crisis Line website
- National Text line for Students of Color: Text STEVE to 741-741
- National Trans Lifeline: 1-877-565-8860
- Emergency/Mental Health Crisis: If you or someone you know is at risk of harm: Call 911 immediately or call MCC Public Safety dispatch at (585) 292-2911 for assistance.
Location & Contacts
Building 3, Room 103
M - F 8:45am - 4:45pm
Fax: (585) 292-3847
Student Engagement Center
Floor 3, Room 310