Pooled COVID-19 Testing
All students with an on-campus presence – regardless of vaccination status – must complete a COVID-19 test at MCC’s Pooled Testing Center at least once within the two-week period between Monday, Jan. 24, through Thursday, Feb. 3. The testing requirement does not apply to students taking all classes online or remotely and those having no plans to visit campus for any reason. Read more about this requirement in the MCC Student Tribune.
If you feel ill, do not come to campus.
Testing Will Help Keep YOU Safe
Conducted in partnership with Quadrant Laboratories LLC, pooled testing at MCC measures the percent of COVID-19 positive cases among students and employees who are learning and working in person. Weekly pooled testing helps MCC more quickly contain outbreaks before they happen on campus.
- choose to test with another provider, submit your test results to Student Rights.
- test positive for COVID-19, send your test results to Student Rights and Health Services.
- verified you are fully vaccinated, you may opt out of weekly testing after Feb. 3, 2022.
Testing @ MCC
COVID-19 pooled testing is free for MCC students and employees. Weekly testing sessions are held in the Flynn Campus Center (start in the Forum, 3-130) on MCC's Brighton Campus. No appointment is necessary. Testing will be offered on the following dates and times:*
- Mon., Jan. 24 from 12:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Tue. Jan. 25 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wed., Jan. 26 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Thur., Jan. 27 from 12:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Mon., Jan. 31 from 12:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Tue., Feb. 1 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wed., Feb. 2 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Thur., Feb. 3 from 12:30 to 6:30 p.m.
* Dates and times are subject to change.
Why do I need to test?
COVID-19 is a deadly disease. Testing protects you and others from getting infected and from spreading the virus to others - even if you do not have symptoms.
You are required to test weekly if you:
- have yet to verify vaccination with MCC Health Services AND/OR
- have received a medical or religious exemption from MCC.
Students who are not in compliance with testing protocols will be referred to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities for discipline subject to the student code of conduct.
Steps to Follow Prior to Testing
At Least 2 Days Before Your test
- Register for a COVID-19 account via the Quadrant Laboratories LLC website and complete your profile. This website is not connected to MCC's network.
- Set your username (email address) and password. We recommend using your MCC email address and password so they are easy to remember. Be sure to write down your log-in information!
- Anything with an * is required and cannot be left blank.
- Organization Type: Select College/University - Student or Employee
- Organization: Select from the drop-down box "Monroe Community College 1000 E. Henrietta Rd., Rochester, NY 14623" and click "Verify" and "Next."
- Enter your own personal information (name, legal address, phone number, etc.)
- Choose "I do not have a social security number" from the drop-down box and click "Next"
- You do not have to enter your social security number or driver's license number.
- Current Address: Phone number: enter 10 "0s" (e.g., 0000000000 with no dashes or spaces
- Enter your address in: you can use "N/A" if entering your address in the Legal Address Section instead and click "Next"
- Legal Address: Enter your address information and click "Next"
- Student/Employer Information – Employment Status: choose your employee/student status
- Student/Organization ID: Your M# (or use your drivers’ license number if you do not have an MCC M#)
- Employer Name: Monroe Community College, 1000 E. Henrietta Rd, Rochester, NY 14623
- Does the patient have insurance? Select "No"
- "Submit Profile" and log out if you are not at the test site.
- If you do not have a smart phone or mobile device, or are having problems creating your profile, staff will assist you at the pooled testing center.
3 Hours Before YOUR TEST
- Do not brush your teeth or use mouthwash.
30 Minutes Before Check-in at the Testing Center
- Do not eat or drink anything, including chewing gum, mints or lozenges.
- Do not smoke, vape, or use smokeless tobacco products.
Before You Go to Campus
Location: Warshof Conference Center, R. Thomas Flynn Campus Center, Monroe A & B, Brighton Campus. Enter via the first (lower) floor of the Spina Administration Building (Building 1).
- Bring your MCC ID.
- Bring your personal electronic device (e.g., smart phone). If you do not have a mobile device, call (585) 292-8310. You will need to login to the SUNY Upstate COVID-19 app at the testing center.
To prevent the risk of virus transmission through contact, do not lend your electronic devices to other individuals at the test center.
Videos provided courtesy of Quadrant Biosciences, Inc., a partner of SUNY Upstate Medical University.
Participants will receive MCC COVID-19 pooled testing results directly from Quadrant Laboratories LLC via email (sender email address: firstname.lastname@example.org). These emails are safe to open. Your results will also be available on the Quadrant Laboratories LCC website.