Pooled COVID-19 Testing
If you live on campus, take in-person classes/labs or use services on campus, you are required to take a COVID-19 test each week you come to campus. Testing options include participating in MCC pooled (saliva) testing and submitting your test results from another provider to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following the test, you may receive a call or text directing you to precautionarily quarantine and not come to campus because your saliva sample was included in a pool that tested positive. (Students and employees who tested negative are not contacted.) Calls and texts may be sent after normal business hours and may come from a phone number you do not recognize as MCC.
If you receive a positive test result, do not come to campus until you are told by MCC Health Services that it is safe to do so. Contact MCC Health Services at email@example.com or (585) 292-2018 for additional instructions before coming to campus. Thank you.
Testing Will Help Keep YOU Safe
Conducted in partnership with SUNY Upstate Medical University, pooled testing at MCC measures the percent of COVID-19 positive cases among students and employees who are assigned to learn and work on campus. We closely monitor trends and maintain the ability to take restrictive action when it is deemed warranted. If you are not taking a class/lab, living on campus, or using services on campus, do not come to campus for pooled testing.
You are required to test each week you are on campus. Samples are sent to SUNY Upstate for testing. Weekly pooled testing will help MCC more quickly contain outbreaks before they happen on campus.
If you choose to test with another provider, you must submit your negative COVID-19 test results to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit positive COVID-19 test results to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Pooled Testing Sessions
Sessions are held in the Flynn Campus Center (start in the Forum, 3-130) on the Brighton Campus on the following dates. No appointment is necessary. Students also have the option of sending negative COVID-19 test results from another provider to email@example.com.
- Tuesday, May 4 from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 5 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 11 from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 12 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
* These dates and times are subject to change.
Pooled Test Results Now Sent Directly from Quadrant Biosciences ("Clarifi")
Starting in April 2021, participants will receive MCC COVID-19 pooled testing results directly from Quadrant Biosciences via email (sender email address: firstname.lastname@example.org). These emails are safe to open. Your results will also be available in the SUNY Upstate Medical website. Representatives of MCC Health Services staff and/or Monroe County Department of Public Health will contact you only if your test result is positive for COVID-19.
Steps to Follow Prior to Testing
At Least 2 Days Before Your test
- Pre-register for your test: Create a COVID-19 account via the SUNY Upstate Medical University site and complete your profile.
- When asked for your “Student ID” or an institutional ID; please input your M number (example: M00001234).
- Enter “Campus Pays” in the first insurance field and “NA” in the other insurance fields. (Students and employees are not charged for pooled testing.)
- Do not respond to the question, “Before proceeding, do you have a test kit?” You will complete this part of the registration process when you receive your test kit at the MCC Pooled Testing Center.
- If you do not have a mobile device, or if you have issues connecting to the website, call (585) 292-8310.
3 Hours Before YOUR TEST
- Do not brush your teeth or use mouthwash.
30 Minutes Before Check-in at the Testing Center
- Do not eat or drink anything, including chewing gum, mints or lozenges.
- Do not smoke, vape, or use smokeless tobacco products.
Before You Go to Campus
Warshof Conference Center, R. Thomas Flynn Campus Center, Monroe A&B, Brighton Campus
- Bring your MCC ID.
- Bring your personal electronic device (e.g., smart phone). If you do not have a mobile device, call (585) 292-8310. You will need to login to the SUNY Upstate COVID-19 app at the testing center.
To prevent the risk of virus transmission through contact, do not lend your electronic devices to other individuals at the test center.
Videos provided courtesy of Quadrant Biosciences, Inc., a partner of SUNY Upstate Medical University.
After receiving results from SUNY Upstate Medical University, MCC Health Services will notify you if your saliva sample tests positive for COVID-19. You will not be contacted if the test is negative.
Why do I need to test?
According to section VI- Failure to Comply with Campus Health Protocols of SUNY’s COVID-19 sanctioning policy:
“For students who fail to attend at least two scheduled appointments, without sufficient excuse, to obtain diagnostic or surveillance COVID-19 testing under the institution’s published protocol, the institution shall undertake disciplinary action to enforce compliance, which may include interim suspension, or take administrative measures to electronically deactivate card access (or equivalent) and restrict access to any buildings with the exception of access required to obtain health care services pursuant to campus policy."
Learn more about Sanctions in Response to COVID-19 Violations.