Child Care Subsidy
A child care subsidy, paid directly to the child care provider, is available to members who qualify. This allowance is distributed evenly over the term of service on a monthly basis. Members are responsible for locating their own child care providers.
To receive AmeriCorps Child Care benefits, participants must satisfy ALL of the following requirements:
- full-time participation in AmeriCorps;
- parent or legal guardian of at least one child under 13 years of age who resides with the parent or legal guardian;
- need child care to participate in the AmeriCorps program;
- a family income that meets the income eligibility guidelines under the Child Care and Development Block Grant for your state.
Types of providers include:
- child care centers;
- licensed child care providers;
- or an unlicensed friend or relative.