How to Apply to Rochester AmeriCorps
Directions for Completing Your Application
To make applying to Rochester AmeriCorps as accessible as possible, there are three ways you can submit your application. Interested candidates can apply directly through the national MyAmeriCorps website, or through the Rochester Americorp local application, or by email request for a paper application.
Because all completed applications receive a numerical score based on your responses, it is important that you provide content in all text fields and answer all questions accurately and completely. Your application and professional references help create a full picture of who you are and what you can bring to national service. Please make sure this application accurately reflects all the qualities that make you a good candidate for the Rochester AmeriCorps program.
Please note: The Corporation for National and Community Service recommends using Internet Explorer when creating and submitting applications through the My.AmeriCorps webportal.
If you use assistive technology and need assistance accessing the My AmeriCorps Portal please contact the National Service Hotline at 1-800-942-2677.
Accessing the my.americorps.gov website and creating your profile:
- Enter https://my.americorps.gov in the address bar of your web browser
- Once there click on the red “Apply to Serve” link (under the grey login box for returning users)
- Next, follow the directions to create a profile. There are four steps. (Some of this information will transfer into your application. Please make sure to fill out all fields and follow all character and word limitations.)
- After you complete and submit your profile you will receive an email from email@example.com. Follow the link provided in the email to complete your registration and move to the next phase of the application process.
Following the link from your email will take you to you to the My AmeriCorps home page:
- You will be prompted to create a username and password. Please follow the instructions for doing so and submit. Please record your username and password for easy login the future.
- You will then be redirected to your own My AmeriCorps page.
- On the left hand side of the page there are a series of options – click on “Applications.”
- Follow the directions to create an application. Please make sure to fill out all relevant fields and follow all character and word limitations.
- A successful application can take upwards of 1½ to 2 hours to complete. Please note that information is automatically saved as soon as you leave each section, so you can log out and log back in to finish later.
Submitting your application to Rochester AmeriCorps:
- On your My AmeriCorps account page select “Search Listings.”
- In the Quick Search box, next to Program Name: type “AMC Rochester AmeriCorps” and click “Search.”
- Click on “AMC Rochester AmeriCorps.”
- Click on “Apply Now!”
- Follow the directions to certify and submit your application.
If you have any questions please call The Corporation for National and Community Service Helpdesk at 1-800-942-2677 or our office at (585) 685-6010.
Local online application:
Please follow this link to submit your application using our local online application: Rochester AmeriCorps local application. A competitive submission will take applicants at least one hour to complete - please be sure to budget your time and have you materials prepared because you are not able to save your progress and return to the application at a later time.
Request a paper application:
Interested individuals are welcome to request a paper application that can be picked up in our office or mailed to your home address. Please call 585-685-6010 or email RochesterAmeriCorps@monroecc.edu to get your application today!