The award process can be lengthy and may include requested modifications. The Grants office will work with the funding agency and the project lead to facilitate revisions.
- Funders may wish to fund a project at a different amount than requested or they may request content changes in the proposal.
- Any requested modifications will be negotiated by the Grants office.
- Funding agency will send notification and funding agreement/contract.
- Grants office communicates with funder representatives, to maintain a consistent voice for MCC.
- Grants office can request Reviewer comments for funded or not-funded proposals.
- Grants staff will submit any project revisions to the funder.
- Grants office, with Director of Purchasing and the CFO, negotiates the contract and facilitates approvals by the Authorized Institutional Officer.
- Grants staff will facilitate any sub-award agreements with partners.
Establish Grant Account
- Grants office will contact the Controller’s office when contract is executed.
- Controller’s office establishes temporary restricted accounts for project use.
- Project lead and appropriate support staff will receive access to Banner to monitor budget.
- Grants Director will notify Marketing and Communications and relevant stakeholders.
The project begins after the contract is executed. The project lead is responsible for project administration, managing the approved budget, and compliance with agreement/contract terms and conditions. The Grants office, Controller’s Office and Grants Accounting, Human Resources, Purchasing, and other associated offices will assist.
- Grants staff will schedule a project “kick-off” meeting with project team.
- Project team will adhere to the timeline in the approved proposal.
- Project leader will work with Controller’s Office, HR, Purchasing, etc. to conduct grant project as designed.
- Track project milestones, activities, personnel time and effort, budget, etc. as required.
- Meet reporting deadlines to ensure compliance.
- Work with Grants office and Funding Agency Representative to adjust for unanticipated challenges.
The Grants staff will:
- review and edit all reports.
- submit requests for funding extensions or renewals to funder.
- submit required reports to funder.
- Work with Grants office and Grants Accounting to close out budget.
- Prepare final reports for review and submission by the Grants office.
All records and contracts pertaining to the grant must be maintained by the appropriate office in accordance with college policies/guidelines and the specific requirements of the funding agency. Files usually are maintained for seven years after closeout.