Health Services oversees the initial clearance and yearly reassessment process for clinical participation for all students enrolled in a health related program. Certain health requirements must be met yearly to protect both you and your patients. The required health documents are detailed below.
FIRST YEAR REQUIREMENTS
How to Submit your Required Documentation
Log in to the Student Health Services Portal.
Refer to the Instructions for Health Program Students for step-by-step directions on meeting each requirement.
- All students taking clinical courses (except EMT-Basic) must maintain health insurance. Students are automatically enrolled and billed by the college for the Student Health Insurance Plan through Allen J. Flood, Inc., unless proof of comparable coverage is provided. If you have comparable insurance, you may waive the school's contracted plan.
- Please check with your individual program for more information about the insurance waiver process.
Please complete the waiver only if directed to by the program, and file only one health insurance waiver per academic year.
- Clinical Laboratory Technician Health Insurance Waiver Form
- Dental Studies Health Insurance Waiver Form
- Nursing Health Insurance Waiver Form
- Radiology Technology Health Insurance Waiver Form
- Surgical Technology Health Insurance Waiver Form
- Paramedic Health Insurance Waiver Form
- You may waive online at CHP (once the information for the current school year is posted by the Flood company).
- Please contact Angela French of A.J. Flood (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more specifics or questions about waiving the insurance.
*You may explore options for comparable insurance at the New York State of Health Insurance Marketplace website. Many MCC students qualify for low or no cost insurance available through this program, and enrollment for these particular programs is year round.You may also contact one of the local representatives below for assistance:
Sheila Forsett (585) 754-7011 or email@example.com
Lisa Galletto (585) 278-4187 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Second Year Requirements
How to Submit your Second Year Required Documentation
Go to the Medical Clearances tab in the portal
- HRP Physical_Reassessment
- Click the update button next to HRP Physical_Reassessment.
- Download the form.
- Complete Page 2 only: Annual Student Reassessment Form.
- Clinical Laboratory Technician, Dental Hygiene and Assisting, Radiologic Technology and EMS Students Only: Must complete annual TB testing by submitting current PPD results or IGRA results and answering the TB Screening Questions at the bottom of the page.
- Upload the completed form to the portal.
- Annual TB Test for Clinical Laboratory Technician, Dental Hygiene and Assisting, Radiologic Technology and EMS students
- Click on upload.
- Enter the results of your TB skin test, T-Spot, Quantiferon Gold or Chest X-Ray.
- Upload the documentation with results, please ensure this documentation clearly shows your name and birth date.
- Click on submit.
Completing the Process
- After you complete each entry you will see the following in the Medical Clearances Page.
- Status: Not Compliant
- Details: Not Satisfied
This means we have received your documentation, but our office has not yet reviewed and approved the documentation you submitted. You will receive an email to notify you whether or not you have met the requirements.
- If your Screen Says:
- Details: No Data
You did not provide your immunization information successfully. Please click update to try again.
- Details: No Data