Health Services oversees the initial clearance and yearly reassessment process for clinical participation for all students enrolled in a health related program. Certain health requirements must be met yearly to protect both you and your patients. The required health documents are detailed below.
The First Year Clearance Packet is required for all Health Program Students. These Health Programs include, Clinical Lab Technician, Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Nursing, Radiologic Technology, Surgical Technology and EMS.
The packet must be submitted in full to Health Services for review and clearance by Health Services Registered Nurses. Any packet received incomplete, or not full, will be returned to the student for corrections and will cause a delay in the clearance process.
Please submit your complete packet via any of the following:
Monroe Community College
1000 East Henrietta Rd.
Health Services Building 3 Room 165
Rochester, NY 14626
- All students taking clinical courses (except EMS) must maintain health insurance. Students are automatically enrolled and billed by the college for the Student Health Insurance Plan through Allen J. Flood, Inc., unless proof of comparable coverage is provided. If you have comparable insurance, you may waive the school's contracted plan.
- Please check with your individual program for more information about the insurance waiver process.
Please complete the waiver only if directed to by the program, and file only one health insurance waiver per academic year.
- You may waive online at CHP (once the information for the current school year is posted by the Flood company).
- Please contact Angela French of A.J. Flood directly for more specifics or questions about waiving the insurance at afrench@ajfusa.
*You may explore options for comparable insurance at the New York State of Health Insurance Marketplace website. Many MCC students qualify for low or no cost insurance available through this program, and enrollment for these particular programs is year round.You may also contact one of the local representatives below for assistance:
Sheila Forsett (585) 754-7011 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Galletto (585) 278-4187 or email@example.com
- Prior to the start of your third semester, students in the following programs: Clinical Lab Technician, Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, EMS and Radiologic Technology must complete:
- Prior to the start of your third semester, Nursing and Surgical Technology Students must complete:
- You may schedule the PPD at no charge in our office. A PPD involves two visits and the second visit must be two to three days after the first.
- Please bring your completed Reassessment Form to your PPD appointment, or submit it with your testing results from an outside agency.
- For those with a past positive PPD or positive Quantiferon Gold blood test, please complete just the Reassessment Form above - no testing is needed.
- Pregnant students must get approval from their healthcare provider for PPD placement. If the provider doesn't approve placement of the PPD, a note temporarily excusing you from testing is required.
- For your convenience, you may submit your paperwork by:
Confidentiality: Monroe Community College Health Services department ensures that students' health records are kept confidential and separate from academic records. Health Services does not release information outside of Monroe Community College without your written permission, except upon a court order, as required by law (as in the case of certain communicable diseases and reports of child abuse), or as required, in our judgment, to protect you or others from immediate physical danger.