MCC follows the National Junior College Athletic Association requirements for all athletes. Both new and returning athletes must submit proof of a sports physical each year, complete their health history portion of the health packet, and return to the Athletics Department by July 15th for Fall/Winter sports and by August 15th for Spring sports.
- First year athletes must submit a completed First Year Athletic Physical packet to the Athletics Department (a computer generated physical exam form from your healthcare provider is acceptable as long as appropriate sports clearance is given and you complete your portion of our physical exam packet as well).
- Returning Athletes (2nd year or after) must submit a completed Returning Athlete Physical to the Athletics Department (a computer generated physical exam form from your healthcare provider is acceptable as long as appropriate sports clearance is given and you complete your portion of our physical exam packet as well).
- Many urgent care centers provide physicals. However they cannot bill insurance for physicals so you will need to pay out of pocket (fees are usually $40-$75). Health Services does not provide physicals. UR Well offers free or very low cost physicals- click on the "About Us" tab on their webpage for locations/ hours.
- Registered nurses in Health Services will review your health packet and email you once if there is anything missing from the health packet, so please monitor your MCC student email account. The clearance process takes 48 hours (or longer at busy times).
- In addition to the Immunization Requirements for all students in the general student population, athletes must also show proof of a tetanus vaccine within the last ten years.
INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS & INFORMATION
- Student Athletes are required to have a comprehensive insurance plan while participating in, or trying out for, an athletic team.
- A copy of both sides of your insurance card needs to be turned in with your initial or returning athlete forms in order for you to be cleared for tryouts or play.
- If you need to purchase insurance, please see our insurance page for low cost options.
INTERNATIONAL ATHLETE INSURANCE
- All International Students are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan, unless proof of comparable coverage is provided. You must complete the waiver form that is available online at www.mystudentmedical.com
- Return the waiver form with a copy of your current insurance policy to the A.J. Flood Company at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 914-922-9212 (policy must be in English to be considered).
- Please contact an A.J. Flood representative for details on waiver deadlines/questions.
Angela French: email@example.com, or 1-800-734-9326 x 9225
Anet Gainey: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-734-9326 x 9259
Margaret Wallace: email@example.com or 1-800-734-9326 x 9260