BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION: ACCOUNTING
School(s): Business & Entrepreneurial StudiesMCC Program Code: AC03
CIP Code: 52.0302
NYSED Code (BRI): 41919
NYSED Code (DCC): 41920
New, Transfer, or Re-admit students should contact Admissions at (585) 292-2200 or email@example.com.
The Business Administration: Accounting degree is a university-parallel program equivalent to the first two years of a bachelor degree program. This program specifically prepares students who wish to major in accounting to transfer to a four-year school with full junior status.
The Business Administration: Accounting Program includes accounting, business and general education courses to provide a sound background for further study and a career in accounting.
This program is available 100% online. Students will follow a prescribed schedule and graduate in two years from when they start. Students can then seamlessly transfer and pursue their four-year B.S. in Accounting.
(Housed in Business Administration and Economics Department).
Program Learning Outcomes
1. Explain fundamental business concepts and theories within core business disciplines.
2. Discuss current issues that impact business, which may include ethics, social responsibility, globalization, diversity, inclusion, or sustainability.
3. Apply information technology to support business tasks or inform decision-making.
4. Evaluate various environmental impacts on business, which may include legal, social, or economic contexts.
5. Analyze situations or solve problems in business settings using critical thinking skills.
6. Apply legal principles to practical business situations.
7. Demonstrate effective communication skills using a variety of methods.
8. Complete all steps of the accounting cycle.
9. Analyze data, which may include budgets or variance reports, to support managerial decisions.
10. Apply quantitative reasoning skills in performing job duties which may include ratio analysis or cost-volume-profit computations.
For related jobs: Career Coach
Occupational Resource: https://www.onetonline.org
Requirements for Program Entrance
MTH 104 with a grade of C or higher, or MCC Level 8 Mathematics Placement, or permission of the Business Administration Department Chairperson. Students that place at MCC Level 4 - 7 Mathematics Placement will require permission of the Business Administration Department Chairperson. Students that place at MCC Level 8 Mathematics or higher will automatically meet the admission requirement.
|ENG 101 College Composition|
|MTH 165 College Algebra OR OPEN ELECTIVE*|
|BUS 104 Introduction to Business|
|ACC 101 Accounting Principles I|
|PEC 253 Stress Management|
First Semester Total:
|PHL 250 Professional Ethics|
|MTH 200 Applied Calculus|
|MAR 200 Principles of Marketing|
|ACC 102 Accounting Principles II|
|GEG 102 Human Geography|
Second Semester Total:
|ECO 111 Principles of Microeconomics|
|MTH 160 Statistics I|
|BUS 204 Management: Theory and Practice|
|BUS 201 Business Law I|
|COM 120 Media Literacy|
Third Semester Total:
|ECO 112 Principles of Macroeconomics|
|BUS 220 Applied Business Applications|
|GEG 130 Digital Earth|
|SOC 101 Introduction to Sociology|
|ART 119 Perspectives of Art History II: Modern|
Fourth Semester Total:
Printer Friendly Version