MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT
Department:Information and Computer Technologies
School(s): Applied Sciences & TechnologiesMCC Program Code: OF06
CIP Code: 51.0716
NYSED Code (BRI): 22421
NYSED Code (DCC): 22423
New, Transfer, or Re-admit students should contact Admissions at (585) 292-2200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This one-year certificate program is designed to provide students with a firm foundation for the medical office environment. With the development of strong word processing and communication skills, transcription skills, and medical office protocol, the student is well on the path to a fulfilling career in the medical office support area.
(Housed in the Information and Computer Technologies Department)
Program Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate effective oral communication skills.
2. Write effectively in an office environment in a variety of modes.
3. Exhibit proficiency in using a variety of current healthcare-based office software which may include: desktop publishing applications, medical databases, or other medical-based software applications.
4. Demonstrate competence in the use of medical office computer-based functions (coding, scheduling, billing, financial reporting etc.).
5. Apply fundamentals of basic business mathematics using spreadsheet software.
6. Describe the role of a medical office support staff professional and the contribution of that professional to the success of the whole medical office environment.
For related jobs: Career Coach
Occupational Resource: https://www.onetonline.org
|FIRST SEMESTER: 16 Credit Hours|
|OFT 111 Intermediate Word+||3|
|OFT 141 Professional Grammar and Communication||4|
|HIM 104 Medical Terminology||3|
|OFT 170 Spreadsheet Applications Excel||3|
|BIO 133 Human Biology||3|
|SECOND SEMESTER: 15 Credit Hours|
|OFT 112 Advanced Word I||3|
|HED 115 Death and Dying OR |
HED 209 Drugs and Behavior
|OFT 267 Medical Office Documentation||3|
|OFT 268 Medical Office Procedures||3|
|OFT 173 Microsoft Multimedia Communications||3|
Printer Friendly Version