Incomplete Policy

A grade of "I" may be assigned by faculty in special circumstances in which the course requirements have not been completed by the student. A written statement of requirements for completing the course must be filed with the department chairperson by the faculty member (or department chairperson, if the faculty member is not available) prior to the due date for the submission of final grades. Credit hours or quality points are not assigned for an "I" grade. When the requirements have been completed, but no later than one year from date of issuance, the faculty member or chairperson will submit a grade change from "I" to a letter grade. The "I" grade must be converted within one year.