While MCC does not offer formal credit earning internships apart from the co-ops/internships required for specific academic programs (Accounting, Hospitality, Automotive, etc.), we do offer other internship like options. These allow students to gain experience and exposure to a career field even when their academic program does not include a co-op or internship.
Options to gain experience and exposure to a career field include part and full-time employment, Experiential Based Learning (EBL 101), volunteering, and job shadowing, among others. Career Services will work with you to assist you in researching and identifying the best option(s) for you. Please schedule an appointment if you have identified an opportunity that requires college credit or you are interested in the potential of earning credit for a future work experience.
- Excellus BCBS Summer College Internship Program
Earn while you learn. Program runs from June - August.
Positions are posted at ExcellusBCBS.com/Careers.
- ESL/MCC Scholars Internship Program
Earn and learn at ESL with paid work experience and a $2,000 scholarship.
Learn more about the ESL/MCC Scholars Program.
The application period for the 2023 program has ended.
- Disney College Program
The application for the Fall 2023 Disney College Program is now open.
POTENTIAL INTERNSHIP SITES
Accounting/Financial Related (BUS 275)
IT/Computer Related (BUS 275)
Other Potential Opportunities
- McDougall Communications: Communications and Social Media Internship
- Seneca Park Zoo Internships
- Excellus BlueCross BlueSheild Internship Program
- CompeerCORPS Veterans Program
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Lifespan: Lifespan helps older adults and caregivers take on the challenges and opportunities of longer life.
- NYS Department of Transportation
- Open Door Mission
- Rochester Museum & Science Center (RMSC)
- Western New York STEM: Internship and volunteer opportunities for students in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
- Senator Gillibrand's Internship Program: Internship opportunities are available in each of Senator Gillibrand's following offices: Washington, D.C., New York City, Melville, Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo.
- The Arc of Monroe County: The Arc of Monroe County provides a variety of programs and services for people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and their families in the Rochester community.
- Volunteers of America
- The Office of Senator Samra G. Brouk internship form For more information visit Senator Samra G. Brouk's website.
Online Search Tools for Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Match
- Community Wishbook
- RochesterCares: RochesterCares puts volunteers in touch with volunteer opportunities.
CAREER SERVICES CONTACT Information
Please visit the Office of Career Services (3-108) at the Brighton Campus or call (585) 292-2248 to schedule an appointment to discuss these opportunities.
If you are already gaining experience in a field related to your academic program and would like recognition for such an experience, please contact us to discuss your options.