While MCC does not offer formal credit earning internships apart from the Disney College Program and co-ops required for specific academic programs (Accounting, Hospitality, Automotive, etc.), we do offer other internship like options. These allow students to gain experience and exposure to a career field even when their academic program does not include a co-op or internship.
Options to gain experience and exposure to a career field include part and full-time employment, Experiential Based Learning (EBL 101), volunteering, and job shadowing, among others. Career and Veteran Services will work with you to assist you in researching and identifying the best option(s) for you. Please schedule an appointment if you have identified an opportunity that requires college credit or you are interested in the potential of earning credit for a future work experience.
- ESL/MCC Scholars Internship Program
Earn and learn at ESL with paid work experience and a $2,000 scholarship.
Application for Spring 2021 program will open on Monday, September 14th 2020.
- Disney College Program
Application period for the Spring 2021 Program:
Disney's Spring 2021 Program is still not confirmed. As soon as we hear anything from Disney on the status of this program, we will update this site. Please check back often.
Disney College Program Information
- City of Rochester Urban Fellows Program
- CompeerCORPS Veterans Program
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Lifespan: Lifespan helps older adults and caregivers take on the challenges and opportunities of longer life.
- NYS Department of Transportation
- Open Door Mission
- Rochester Museum & Science Center (RMSC)
- Western New York STEM: Internship and volunteer opportunities for students in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
- Senator Gillibrand's Internship Program: Internship opportunities are available in each of Senator Gillibrand’s following offices: Washington, D.C., New York City, Melville, Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo.
- The Arc of Monroe County: The Arc of Monroe County provides a variety of programs and services for people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and their families in the Rochester community.
- Volunteers of America
Please check back often for updates.
Please visit the Office of Career Services (3-108) at the Brighton Campus or call (585) 292-2248 to schedule an appointment to discuss these opportunities.
If you are already gaining experience in a field related to your academic program and would like recognition for such an experience, please contact us to discuss your options.