Are you a recent MCC alumnus or alumna looking to start or grow a business in Greater Rochester or the Finger Lakes Region? Would money and a personal mentor help you get started? If you answered "yes," then apply to participate in Launch Your Business!
Thanks to a grant from the Everyday Entrepreneur Venture Fund, supporters of the MCC Foundation, recent alumni and current students have an opportunity to present business ideas and access the funding and mentorship support you need to Launch Your Business!
If you graduated or took at least one class at MCC between January 2013 and December 2019 and are interested in participating in Launch Your Business! , please apply by March 8 to present your new or existing business idea at Scholars' Day in May. See the time line below:
- February: Attend an information session to learn more. Reserve your seat for an info session online.
- March 8: Apply online to participate by this date.
- May 5: Present your idea at Scholars' Day at the Brighton Campus. Top presenters receive a tuition scholarship to attend MCC Corporate College's Launch Your Business! Certificate Series.
- June 9, 23, July 7, 21 and August 4, 2020: Attend 5 MCC Corporate College sessions.
- October: Unveil your business plan and compete for funding before a panel of judges. Finalists will win venture capital to help grow their business or turn their great idea into a reality.
- November: Funding winners announced at Entrepreneurship Day.
Questions? Send an email to Professor Kathleen Borbee at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Launch Your Business!