College Now Frequently Asked Questions

Am I automatically enrolled for college credit if I'm in a high school College Now class?

In order to be eligible to receive MCC credit for your high school class, you must officially register with MCC online during the open registration period. If the MCC course has a prerequisite requirement, you must also show proof of meeting this prerequisite.

Top of Page

How many College Now classes can I register for at one time?

College Now students can register for a maximum of 11 credits per semester. This is about three classes. These classes must also be part of your high school schedule in order to receive the reduced tuition rate. The 11 credit hour max includes courses taken at high school and BOCES locations. Your counselor and teachers can consult with the College Now Coordinator to help you pick the classes that fit best with your college and career plans.

Top of Page

Can I register for other MCC classes as well as those offered in my high school?

College Now students can register for a maximum of 11 credit hours per semester. That maximum includes all MCC courses including those taken at your high school, BOCES, on an MCC campus, and online. However, only the classes at your high school and those at BOCES which are part of your high school schedule are offered at the decreased tuition rate.

Top of Page

How do I find out if a course is College Now?

If a course is College Now, the high school teacher will provide information to you. You can also talk to your high school counselor to plan a schedule that includes College Now classes.

Top of Page

How and when do I register for a College Now course?

Registration for MCC College Now courses takes place online. The process is simple and easy to navigate. Choose your high school from the list.Then choose the class(es) you are taking at your high school for which you wish to earn both high school and college credit. You must be seated in the high school section in order to register for the College Now option. Once the registration deadline has passed, MCC cannot accept any additional registrations.

College Now students can register for a maximum of 11 credit hours per semester. However, that maximum includes all MCC courses, including those taken at an MCC campus, extension site, at your high school or online.

It is a good idea to talk with your parent/guardian, teacher or counselor to determine if taking a College Now class is right for you. The grade you earn will become part of your permanent college transcript at MCC.

Top of Page

Where do I send my Certificate of Residency and do you need the original?

We do need the original hard copy with the raised seal. Please mail to:

MCC Student Accounts Office
1000 East Henrietta Rd
Rochester NY 14623

Top of Page

Where can I find information about my student account?

When you first register for an MCC College Now course you are sent out an account activation letter with your account information on it. You must activate your account before you can access it. The letter includes detailed instructions on how to activate your MyMCC account. If you can not locate your activation letter and would like to request a new one, please email College Now and indicate "activation letter needed" in the subject line. Be sure to include your name, M number (if you know it), as well as an email address for us to send the activation letter to. Please also check your spam/junk email, as sometimes the letters are routed there.

Top of Page

What email do I provide during the registration process?

Please give us a personal email and not a high school email. High schools place a block on incoming emails and that would prohibit us from sending you important information.

Top of Page

How can I see how much I owe?

To view your account, sign into your MCC account and follow these steps:

  • Click on the “My Account” tab
  • Select the link for “Student Self-service” that is underneath the self-service section (should be right at the top left of the page)
  • Once self-service opens, select the “Student” tab
  • Select “Student Account”
  • Select “Account Detail for Term”

Top of Page

How can I pay my bill?

To pay your bill:

  • Log into myMCC with your MCC Email Address and Password
  • Click on the Students tab
  • Click on the My Account sub-tab
  • Click on Pay Your Bill

To pay by mail, send payment with the top portion of your bill, or student M# written on the front of the check, to:

MCC Student Accounts Office
1000 East Henrietta Road
Rochester, NY 14623

Top of Page

How do I apply for scholarships?

There is currently no separate application for Scholarships for College Now courses. When registering, there is a question asking if the student receives free or reduced lunch. For students who check this box, we confirm they receive FRL with their High School. After they confirm this, the Inspiring Every Day Scholarship is automatically applied to the students account. This scholarship covers all tuition and fees for College Now courses for students that qualify for free or reduced lunch. No separate application is needed for this.

Our other main scholarship is the Wilson Grant and is coded by course and applied to any student in the courses covered.

Top of Page

Can I register late? What if the registration deadline has passed?

No students may be registered for College Now once registration has closed. This Enrollment Closure policy is to prevent late and retroactive registration, a practice that permits students to choose whether to register for college credit late depending upon his/her performance in class, prior knowledge, or any other situation that prevented timely registration.

Top of Page

What area school districts and BOCES participate in the MCC College Now Program?

MCC is proud to display the following list of College Now partners.

  • Aquinas Institute
  • Brighton High School
  • Brockport High School
  • Churchville-Chili High School
  • East Rochester High School
  • Eastridge High School
  • Fairport High School
  • Fairport (Minerva DeLand)
  • Gananda (Ruben A. Cirillo High School)
  • Gates-Chili High School
  • Genesee Valley Educational Partnership BOCES
  • Greece Central High Schools: Arcadia, Athena, Odyssey and Olympia
  • Hilton High School
  • Honeoye Falls-Lima High School
  • Irondequoit High School
  • James A. Beneway High School (Wayne Central School District)
  • Midlakes High School (Phelps-Clifton Springs district)
  • Monroe #1 BOCES (Fairport)
  • Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES (Spencerport)
  • Orleans-Niagara BOCES
  • Our Lady of Mercy High School
  • Palmyra-Macedon High School
  • Pembroke High School
  • Penfield High School
  • Pittsford Central High Schools: Mendon and Sutherland
  • P-TECH
  • Rochester Academy Charter School
  • Rochester City School District High Schools: East, Early College International High School, Monroe, Wilson, World of Inquiry School, Pathways to Public Safety program
  • Rush-Henrietta High School
  • Spencerport High School
  • Vertus School
  • Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES (Stanley and Williamson)
  • Webster Central High Schools: Schroeder and Thomas
  • Wheatland-Chili High School

Top of Page

If I take a College Now course, will the MCC credits transfer to other colleges? How does that happen?

Most colleges accept MCC credit. You will need to request an official academic transcript from MCC and provide it for the other college. However, you must achieve a grade of C or better (some colleges may require a minimum grade of B) in the course. It is a good idea to check with the college you plan to attend as each institution sets its own policy regarding the acceptance of transfer credit. Your MCC college credit may be applied toward your chosen degree, as an elective, as a substitute for a required course, or make you eligible to take a higher level course.

For more information, contact the College Now Office at MCC at (585) 292-2135.

Top of Page

What if I want to withdraw from a course?

If you think you’re likely to earn a final grade of D or F, you should strongly consider officially withdrawing from the course. This will result in a grade of "W" instead of having a failing grade on your MCC transcript. Simply tell your teacher that you want to withdraw. You may remain in the high school course even if you withdraw from MCC.

Please refer to our College Now Deadlines for College Now Class withdrawal deadlines.

Top of Page

How will I be graded?

Your MCC grade will be calculated according to the standard set by MCC. This standard is shared with your high school teacher. Your high school grade may be different if your teacher calculates the grade differently. For grading questions, talk to your high school teacher.

When the course ends you will be able to log into your MCC account and view your grades online. You can also request a free official transcript of grades by logging into your MCC account. Account activation instructions are mailed to the student's home address about a week after they complete College Now registration. MCC no longer sends a grade report in the mail.

Top of Page

How can I request a transcript?

You can order a free official transcript 24 hours/day, 7 days/week online. This service is provided by our partner, Parchment. You do not need to know your MCC student ID number and you do not need to login to your MCC student account. Additional information about ordering transcripts is available the Registration & Records site.

Top of Page