Colleges and universities want to speak directly with you. Make sure to contact their transfer admission representatives. Many come to MCC campuses to meet you.
Tools to help you best prepare for transfer:
- Fill Out Applications
- SUNY: Use the SUNY application. The application is free for up to seven schools if you are graduating from MCC. Click on "Transfer Fee Waiver for Qualified Transfer Students" on the payment page. (Note that SUNY Empire State uses a different application; they offer a free application code for MCC graduates - except for nursing majors: ECPTRADV)
- Private and Out‐of‐State: Use the college’s application on their website OR a multi-campus application such as the Common Application if you are applying to several schools.
Request Official Transcripts
- MCC Transcripts
- Additional Transcripts: all colleges attended, high school, SAT/ACT scores (if needed), AP/IB/CLEP scores (if taken)
Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
Visit our Forms webpage for helpful information including:
- Application Fee Waiver Requests
- College Report or Dean's Letter
- Mid-term Grade Report
- Reverse Transfer Instructions
- Writing Essays
- Requesting Letters of Recommendation