The Transfer Planning Worksheet outlines the transfer planning process.
Research Transfer Colleges
- SUNY Program Search Find what SUNY colleges offer the degree you want.
- College Navigator Use to search colleges across the country that offer certain majors.
- Tuition and Fees for NYS Colleges within 100 miles
- Highly Selective College Information
- Transfer Options for Adult and Non-Traditional Learners
Connect with 4-year Colleges
Colleges want to speak directly with you, and often come to the MCC campus.
Choose Courses to Take at MCC
Tools to help you best prepare for transfer:
- Course Equivalencies
- 2+2 Transfer Pathway Advising Guides
- Guides for Specific Careers & Majors
- Additional Transfer Agreements: Articulation Agreements and additional advising guides
- SUNY General Education Requirements: Students are encouraged to complete at least 30 credit hours of general education courses (in at least 7 knowledge & skill areas) prior to transferring. These are already embedded in MCC A.S. and A.A. degrees.
- SUNY Transfer Paths Suggested coursework to take based on 4-year college major at a SUNY institution.
Apply to Transfer
- Fill Out Applications
- SUNY: Use the SUNY application. The application is free for up to seven schools if you are graduating from MCC. Click on "Transfer Fee Waiver for Qualified Transfer Students" on the payment page. (Note that SUNY Empire State uses a different application.)
- Private and Out‐of‐State: Use the college’s application on their website OR a multi-campus application such as the Common Application if you are applying to several schools.
- Transfer Application Tips
- Common Application Guide (scroll down to view)
- Common Application Instructional Video
- Links to Additional Applications & CEEB Codes
- Request Official Transcripts
- MCC Transcripts
- Additional Transcripts: all colleges attended, high school, SAT/ACT scores (if needed), AP/IB/CLEP scores (if taken)
- Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Financial Aid Application (FAFSA)
- CSS Profile (required by some private institutions)
- Scholarship Search Tools
- Click here for forms and helpful information including:
- Application Fee Waiver Requests
- College Report or Dean's Letter
- Mid-term Grade Report
- Reverse Transfer Instructions
- Writing Essays
- Requesting Letters of Recommendation