Dental Hygiene students are required to have a physical examination before entering the program. You must use the correct Health Services form: Health Career Physical Exam Packet - Dental Hygiene. This form requires a doctor's signature. It is critical that you have done this before school starts. Fill out the form completely and submit it to Health Services before the first day of classes. Information and forms are available on the MCC website at:
Health Packet (PDF)
Health Programs Information and Forms
- Health Professions students are required to have health insurance.
- The school will bill you for this insurance unless you can show that you carry your own health insurance.
- You must submit a Health Insurance Waiver Form in order to clear this charge from your student account.
- CPR: You will need to be certified in CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
- Both the American Red Cross and the American Heart Association can provide this course.
- Online courses are NOT acceptable.
- Child Abuse: Dental Hygienists are mandated reporters of child abuse. Additional information will be emailed to you prior to classes starting in the fall.
Please Note: Your MCC email is the official means of communication for all department and college-related business. You should check your MCC email daily throughout the summer.