Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Program
The Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Program assists adjunct and part-time instructors with their acclimation to the college community. This is accomplished through workshops, pedagogical discussions, and social events. Topics include course outline and curricular development, teaching strategies, and an introduction to college policies and procedures. Events are held just prior to the Fall and Spring semesters as well as several evenings (see Suppers for Success) during each semester.
Getting Started Information for Adjunct Faculty
New to Monroe Community College? Welcome! Please visit our New Faculty page dedicated for new adjunct and full-time faculty.
Suppers for Success
As part of the Adjunct Faculty Appreciation Series, the Teaching & Creativity Center invites all adjunct faculty to join us for dinner and professional development workshops. Dinner begins at 5 pm and the program begins at 5:15 pm.
- Wednesday, Sept. 12: Teaching the 21st Century Global student
- Monday, Oct. 15: The Purposeful Prof
- Tuesday, Nov. 13: Connecting the Dots
- Monday, Feb. 11: Designing Objective Rubrics
- Tuesday, Mar. 12: Great Ideas For Teaching (GIFTs)
- Wednesday, Apr.10: How to Avoid Burnout