Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Program
The Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Program assists adjunct and part-time instructors with their acclimation to the college community. This is accomplished through workshops, pedagogical discussions, and social events. Topics include course outline and curricular development, teaching strategies, and an introduction to college policies and procedures. Events are held just prior to the Fall and Spring semesters as well as several evenings (see Suppers for Success) during each semester.
Suppers for Success
As part of the Adjunct Faculty Appreciation Series, the Teaching & Creativity Center invites all adjunct faculty to join us for dinner and professional development workshops. Dinner begins at 5 pm and the program begins at 5:15 pm in Monroe B.
Theme: Focus on Inclusiveness
- Wednesday, Sept. 11: Responding to Racist Remarks
- Monday, Oct. 14: Title IX
- Tuesday, Nov. 12: Working with Students on the Autism Spectrum
- Monday, Feb. 10: Bandwidth Recovery
- Tuesday, Mar. 10: Great Ideas For Teaching (GIFTs)
- Wednesday, Apr. 8: Reflective Practice