Work one-on-one with MCC’s financial aid experts.
Join the helpful, friendly staff from our Financial Aid Office who will work with you personally to:
- File your FAFSA and New York State TAP applications online
- Complete your Loan Entrance Counseling Requirements
- Electronically sign your Federal Direct Student Loan promissory notes
- Get all your financial aid questions answered
Building 1, Room 231
|Monday: 8:45am - 6:00pm & Tuesday - Friday: 8:45am - 4:45pm|
|(585) 292-2050 (24-hour automated voice response system)|
2nd Floor, Room 210
|Monday, Wednesday - Friday: 8:45am - 4:45pm & Tuesday: 8:45am - 6:00pm|
MCC federal school code: 002872
MCC TAP school code: 2180
Computer Lab Policies
If you file the application on your own, you do not need to visit the financial aid computer lab!
- Students and parents must apply for a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID before using the computer lab.
- We encourage parents, stepparents, and or adoptive parents of dependent students to accompany the student. Parents’ information is required in the application. At least one parent has to sign the FAFSA.
- Please bring the required documentation.
Documents You'll Need
Bring the following documents to the workshop to file your 2019-2020 FAFSA and NYS TAP applications:
- Your 2017 federal tax return
- Your parents’ 2017 federal tax return, social security numbers, and dates of birth unless:
- You were born before January 1, 1996
- You are married
- You have a child who receives more than half of his/her support from you
- You are a veteran of the U.S. armed forces
- Your 2017 NYS tax return
- Your parents’ 2017 NYS tax return unless:
- You married on or before December 31st of the calendar year prior to the beginning of the academic year
- OR you have reached the age of 22 on or before June 30th prior to the academic year
- OR you are enlisted in full time active military service, was honorably discharged from such service, and has not and will not be claimed as a dependent by either parent
- The total amount of untaxed income received during 2017.
- If you, your spouse or your parents (if applicable) received any untaxed income during 2017, such as public assistance, social security benefits, or child support, you must report it on the financial aid application.
Space is limited. Please bring all required documentation to complete all financial aid applications.