The Virtual Campus team provides faculty training and support in the use of MCC's course management system Blackboard Learn. We hope you will take advantage of what we have to offer!
- Easy Access for students to all of your course information and course content
- Keep students posted as to their grades during the entire semester in a confidential manner
- Incorporate web-based content using Web Links
- Embed or attach your PowerPoint presentations in one central location
- Centralized Communication to your class roster through Announcements. Post an announcement and deliver an email with one click of a button.
- Class Photo Roster in Your Blackboard Course - The class photo directory that used to be available in Banner is now available in your individual Blackboard course! Get to know your students using the class photo roster tool.
All faculty interested in using Blackboard to supplement a face-to-face course, or faculty needing to teach a hybrid or fully online course are required to attend training on the use of Blackboard Learn.
The courses use an open, self-paced fully-online design to target several different audiences.
- Those who have never taught online before
- Those who have taught online but not using Blackboard Learn 9
- Those who have taught in Blackboard but not with Monroe Community College
- Those who are already MCC certified but would like a refresher.
- Faculty who have been certified to use Blackboard Learn at MCC.
- Topic-Specific sessions in a face-to-face small classroom.
- Attend a scheduled session, or gather a group of 3 or more and contact the Virtual Campus to arrange a date for the session that is good for your group.
Fall 2019 Virtual Fridays Webinars and Showcases
The Faculty Innovation Center is located within the Virtual Campus at the Brighton Campus
Faculty are welcome to use the computers for course work and development. Blackboard support during the times noted on the schedule below.
BRIGHTON FIC Support Walk In Schedule (PDF)
Call FICS (x3427) for Blackboard Support
Downtown Campus - by appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are many Blackboard Learn Resources for your use that will help to reinforce the training you take at MCC.