Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Program
The Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Program assists adjunct and part-time instructors with their acclimation to the college community. This is accomplished through workshops, pedagogical discussions, and social events. Topics include course outline and curricular development, teaching strategies, and an introduction to college policies and procedures. Events are held just prior to the Fall and Spring semesters as well as several evenings (see Suppers for Success) during each semester.
SUPPERS FOR SUCCESS
As part of the Adjunct Faculty Appreciation Series, the Teaching and Creativity Center invites all adjunct faculty to join us for dinner and professional development workshops. Dinner begins at 5 pm and the program begins at 5:15 pm in Monroe B.
2020/2021 Update: The "supper" part of Suppers for Success will be virtual, as we are not holding in-person events until further notice.
5:00 - 6:30pm, see Trib and email for Zoom link.
- Monday, September 14: Sharing is CAREing: Faculty-driven factors that improve student retention
- Tuesday, October 13: Brain-based Teaching
- Monday, November 9: Universal Design for Learning and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiatives
5:00 - 6: 30pm; See Trib and email for Zoom link
- Thursday, Jan. 21: Spring Semester Kick-Off
- Monday, February 8: Strategies for Successful Classroom Management
- Tuesday, March 23: Guided Pathways at MCC: What’s New? What's Next? and What’s the Role of Adjunct Faculty?
- Monday, April 26: A Teacher’s Toolkit: Putting Theory into Action