Campus Events Procedural Update
Beginning August 2, 2021, the MCC reservation process will resume and will adhere to all current SUNY guidelines and/or policies. All events/activities will be filtered by using the following criteria:
- Events/activities that promote academic instruction, program requirements or affiliations, enrollment and retention (e.g., Scholar’s Day, Admissions Days, etc.)
- Internal events/activities that support MCC student success (i.e., sponsored by current students, MCC faculty, staff or MCC affiliated groups/organizations)
- External events/activities benefitting the community (e.g., Monroe County Civil Service Exam, City of Rochester Police Exam, Rochester Book Fest, etc.)
- Other events/activities as determined MCC mission critical as appropriate.
Based on the limited event staffing support, internal and external events be reviewed using the Campus Events application process and assessed for the College’s ability to adequately support as follows:
- Internal event requests that require no additional services (i.e. Food Service, Parking, Learning Resources, etc.): All classrooms, lecture halls, computer labs, and meeting rooms will be pre-set per COVID capacities as following the most recent SUNY Guidelines and/or Policies.
- Events/activities that require services (whether an internal/external request): These events will be approved to occur during normal business hours only, to consolidate use of staff time and decrease the amount of overtime needed. In addition, many staff members will be simultaneously supporting classroom needs, which will take priority over any events.
- Events/activities that are deemed MCC mission critical, but, unable to be supported with current College staffing: These events/activities will be submitted to the respective sponsoring Vice President for review and consideration with the President’s Cabinet for authorization and funding for appropriate staffing levels.
Locations for Small Events (between 1 to 30 people)
- Meeting Rooms (3-115, 3-116, 3-117, 3-118)
- Forum – Unavailable due to COVID Testing
- Brighton Room
- Empire Room – Unavailable due to COVID Testing
- Theatre Lobby
- North Atrium
- Campus Center Atrium
Locations for Medium Events (between 31 to 100 people)
- Monroe A and/or B – Unavailable due to COVID Testing
- Lecture Halls in Bldg. 8
- High Falls A and/or B
Locations for Large Events (Over 100) if Appropriate
- Building 10 – Gym and PAC
- Parking Lots and Grassy areas – varies
- Athletic Fields (OUTSIDE EVENTS ONLY) – maximum of 200
Campus Events and Learning Resources have collaborated to integrate webinar requests for Monroe Community College by using Ad Astra. Webinar requests must be submitted online.
The webinar request process is based on the workflow used to reserve meeting or conference spaces on campus. Please refer to our Ad Astra Webinar Request FAQ for information on scheduling a webinar.
Meeting organizers are encouraged to utilize virtual/remote resources when possible. If assistance is needed, please contact the TECH hotline (585-292-2828 or x8324).
Please refer to MCC's guidance on health and safety to protect yourself and others.
Building 3, Room 108
8:45am - 4:45pm
8:00am - 4:00pm
High Falls A&B
By Appointment Only