A commuter student is a student who does not reside on campus but parks a vehicle on campus.
Commuter students who park a vehicle on the Brighton Campus are required to go on-line to their MCC parking account and request parking at the start of each semester. When students request parking, they are also required to register the license plate(s) of the vehicle(s) they will be parking on campus. A transportation fee is placed on the student account at the time the student registers for classes for the fall and spring semester. For summer sessions and intersession, students are not charged a parking registration fee until they have registered their vehicle(s) online.
Parking enforcement begins approximately 2 weeks following the start of the fall and spring semester to ensure students have time to register for parking. The Student Accounts Office receives payment for the transportation fee. The transportation fee is placed on the student account once the student registers for fall or spring classes. The summer and intersession parking registration is requested online and the fee will be billed to the student account at the time of the request. The Parking Services Office receives payment for outstanding tickets.
You are able to register multiple vehicles on your parking account, however only one vehicle is allowed on campus at a time. Employees with students attending the College must obtain their own parking registration for their vehicle(s) even if the vehicle is shared. You may register by:
- Logging into your MCC account with your MCC network account and password.
- Select the “Students” tab.
- Select the “My Account” tab.
- Select “My Parking Account” located in the lower left box labeled “Student Accounts”.
- This will take you to your parking account.
- Select Order Permits to begin the parking registration process.
- When prompted, select the semester for which you are requesting. *Note- if you are a student the charge will be added to your student account.
- Select either “Vehicle Listed” (if applicable) or “Add a Vehicle” (have your vehicle registration available). All information requested is required to complete the transaction.
- Select “Confirm”
- Select “Add Permit to Cart”
- Select “Checkout”
The license plate number registered must be accurate in order for valid parking on campus.
If registering additional vehicles, please register them online in your parking account with the vehicle year, make, model (4 door/2 door), license plate, and color of vehicle.
You may also register additional vehicles in person by providing Parking Services with a photo ID, vehicle registration or picture of the vehicle's license plate at the Brighton or Downtown Campus.
Parking lot ATC is designated for commuter students at the Applied Technologies Center and is a shared parking lot with employees and visitors.
- *Intersession: $20
- Summer: $50
Fall registration is valid during intersession.
*Individuals without a fall transportation fee are required to pay for an intersession parking registration fee.